Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Borders Books

How sad. Right to the heart kind of sad. Borders doesn't have a kids display of Christmas books, like the usually do, on a table at the front/center of the kid section (& like the did for Halloween and Thanksgiving). Instead there is a huge display of every imaginable Golden Compass item.

Why on earth are they pushing that over Christmas things? That is so anti-Christmas. I understand the marketing in conjunction with the movie release, and I understand the freedom to read what you like, but why during this special time of year? Just to earn more bucks? How completely sad.

I spoke with one manager today. He had nothing much to say except that he could show me the wall with the kids holiday books. I will call the general manager later. Some employees said they already voiced the same thing about no Christmas/holiday table, to no avail.

I left and went to Barnes and Noble, which I've never shopped at because of my love for Border's coupons.

1 comment:

aknittykitty said...

I'm glad that you did what you believed in and let the store know how you felt about it. I hope something good comes of it.

Press on. . .