Wednesday, August 01, 2007

5 out and 1 really sick

Family of 5 visitors plus the other 8 who came for 2 parites, left just as Lilly came down with horrible terrible very bad very high fever for 48 hours. 104.5 is scary to touch. Her legs were on FIRE.

Fever broke this morning. Wow, it's good to hear her laugh again.

I'll be taking a brief trip alone to Texas friend's house this weekend ... skipping the 3 girls traveling routine, as we were going stand-by, which would be a nightmare since it was 3 of us ... will skip the visit to my brother's house too, since he just stayed with us for 5 days (5 days x 5 people visiting = exhausted host)

Im taking yarn for fortune cookies, socks and a tank top. Something should be accomplished if I'm sitting in various airports for hours on end. Flighing free isn't such a great deal after all. But I'll be alone with my yarn and so, well, I hope that's a good thing :)

I seriously just spelled flying flighing. It's after 1 a.m. I'm going to bed!

4 comments:

Insomiknitac said...

poor lilly! i hope she is doing better sending her hugs
you too for your travels- be safe!

Insomiknitac said...

are you ever going to stay in one place?

aknittykitty said...

Sorry about Lilly. Glad to hear she's doing much better!

So you are knitting socks again. . .woohooo

I fell off the sock wagon when I started on the Noni bag, but I bought the magic loop book and it looks fabulous. I am in the midst of finding just the right needle. I have a pair of #2 Addi's that could do the trick, but I would like to find a nice pair of bamboo/wooden 40" size 2 or 3 needles. I'm looking online now, because I can't find a pair of Crystal Palace locally and the Lantern Moon circs start at a size 4 (I bought a pair of ebony and a rosewood circs and they are cool. pricey as all get out, but worth every penny-I am partial to the ebony circs--as close as you can get to metal without the extra slip).

I MISS YOU!

Two Pixies said...

I miss knitting, my knitting friends, and normal life in general. Thanks for posting. I'll be home soon to get back to normal :)